If you are looking for a special pound cake to prepare for a special gathering, consider this almond pound cake!
It is both dense and light, as all pound cakes should be; it’s rich with the aroma of almonds from the almond paste in the batter, and speckled with orange zest throughout.
We’ve included a simple orange glaze, though this almond pound cake stands perfectly well enough on its own without it.
One of the things I love about pound cake is that you can slice it ever so thin. I’m one of those people who asks for a small slice of whatever treat is being offered, and then proceeds to go back for 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths. (“Why don’t you just take a bigger piece to begin with???” “Sweetheart, I do it just to annoy you.”)
Whether you take your first slice thick or thin, enjoy this almond pound cake elegant and unadorned, or top it with berries and whipped cream for an impromptu shortcake. If you are feeling especially adventurous, drizzle it with some amaretto for even more heady almond flavor.
- 5 ounces (140 g) almond paste (we recommend Odense almond paste), grated
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) white granulated sugar
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (120 g) plain (full fat) Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 1/2 cups (200 g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 1/3 cup (43 g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 5x9x3-inch loaf pan https://stokvideolar.com